HLL Computers

From: Will Jennings <xds_sigma7_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 6 13:23:36 2001

The B5500 doesn't run Algol 60, technically speaking. It runs Burroughs
Extended Algol, which is based on Algol 60. For example, BEA (cuz I don't
wanna type out the whole name), doesn't include all of the characters used
in Algol 60, it has a different replacement operator, uses a different
symbol for exponents, and powers of ten in numbers are written out
differently. Another major difference is that Algol 60 doesn't have reserved
words, and BEA does. There are some other details too.. If anyone is
wondering, I'm getting this from my "ALGOL Programming ...A Basic Approach"
which was written by 2 guys from Burroughs and one from Marathon Oil, who
was big into the B5000.

Will J