New here :-)

From: jpero_at_sympatico.ca <(jpero_at_sympatico.ca)>
Date: Tue Mar 6 12:29:15 2001

> From: "Sean 'Captain Napalm' Conner" <spc_at_conman.org>
> Subject: Re: New here :-)
> To: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org
> Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:13:23 -0500 (EST)

> It was thus said that the Great FBA once stated:
> >
> > >Essentially, this means that 1 Litre of pure water weighs 1Kg and is
> > >where the basic units came from.
> >
> > 1 Litre will also fit quite nicely in a cube 10cm a side.
>
> At 4 degrees Celcius at sea level, don't forget.

I thought all standards ie:

1L
1 meter
1 kg
and others.

Were taken when temperature is at 20 C? Thats what I hear and this
is true when working in science and chemistry.

All matter change size with temperature change. Low, smaller and
higher, larger. EXCEPT: water. Weird matter and bane of water
destroyer if containers/pipe water filled is left to freeze. FYI:
1 inch thick made of strongest stuff closed container filled w/
water, no air pocket. Will burst still.

Cheers,

Wizard