New here :-)

From: Sean 'Captain Napalm' Conner <spc_at_conman.org>
Date: Tue Mar 6 23:49:57 2001

It was thus said that the Great jpero_at_sympatico.ca once stated:

> > From: "Sean 'Captain Napalm' Conner" <spc_at_conman.org>
> > Subject: Re: New here :-)
> > To: classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org
> > Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 18:13:23 -0500 (EST)

> > > 1 Litre will also fit quite nicely in a cube 10cm a side.
> >
> > At 4 degrees Celcius at sea level, don't forget.
>
> I thought all standards ie:
>
> 1L
> 1 meter
> 1 kg
> and others.
>
> Were taken when temperature is at 20 C? Thats what I hear and this
> is true when working in science and chemistry.

  I thought it was at 4C since water has the highest density at sea level at
that tempurature (it then starts expanding again as the tempurature rises).

  What I remember learning (somewhere, I don't recall where) that one gram
was one cubic centimeter of water at 4C.

  -spc (Maybe I mislearned, or perhaps it changed when I wasn't
        looking ... )