Xenix/286-Any hints?

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 7 17:04:39 2001

> > Didn't Mark Williams' Coherent run on 286 boxes, or was it
>> strictly 386 and above? I messed with it a little 11-12 years ago
>> and had it running on a generic 386SX-16 box with 4meg of RAM and a
>> 40meg HD.
>
>Depends upon the version. There was a version for 8086 before the
>286 version.

        Now that you mention it, you're right. That was the reason I
picked it up, because of it's light hardware requirements for a
Unix-type OS. It was also reasonably priced. I saw a positive
review of it in one of the big IBM-PC magazines and ordered it. I
wouldn't mind finding a complete Coherent package again...I have no
idea whatever happened to the one I had.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File