And someone has one... Re: Virus Alert !!!

From: ajp166 <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Wed Mar 7 19:26:38 2001

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>

>On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, John Foust wrote:
>
>> Why fault Microsoft for making products that are popular and common?
>> You might as well blame Ford for drunk drivers. I agree that Outlook
>
>If MS would just give us the source code, we could fix it for them.
>
>Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
Festival

Dont need no speghetti code to fix it. Just remove the dumb user.

Seriously, there are a bunch of things that users should to to elimintate
most
of the insanity.

  -Disable VBS scripting, that stops a raft of buggies right there.
  - disable open after preview for 5sec .
  - disable auto display of pictures
  - enable empty deleted folder on close (delete really does then).

Thats just a few of the simpler things that really do help.

Another is dont run MacAfee antiVirus as it has failed on test systems
where Norton or Fsecure did catch it.

Allison