And someone has one... Re: Virus Alert !!!

From: John Foust <jfoust_at_threedee.com>
Date: Thu Mar 8 07:55:36 2001

At 08:26 PM 3/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>If MS would just give us the source code, we could fix it for them.

I've often thought about what the rag-tag open source
community would do if they had the Windows source - the
whole kit and caboodle. I'd guess that the entire Microsoft
source base (counting apps, developer tools, in-house
tools, and all the DDK (device driver) tools, etc.) are
close to two orders of magnitude more code and data than
the average four-CD Linux distro. Frankly, I don't think
they could handle it. Does the open source community
have the same number of full-time man-hours available
to a new task of this size? What about writers and
managers, not just counting programers?

- John