New 'puter joins the collection

From: Jim Battle <frustum_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu Mar 8 23:27:30 2001

Ah, ah, ah! You bastard! :-)

I traded a restored & working Sol 20 plus a working OSI C1P with decent docs
to get a Sorcerer with limited docs. I traded with David Williams from the
classiccmp list. I think he got the better end of the deal, but I was
desperate
to get one. David has some really good docs on-line, but you probably already
have these:

http://www.trailingedge.com/exidy/

Here's the only place on-line that I've seen has Sorcerer software. He has
some
MP3 files you can play into the cassette port.

http://www.lisp.com.au/~michael/exidy/

Also, here's a picture of a Sorcerer with the official S-100 expansion box
plus official Exidy disk drives:

http://www.science.uva.nl/faculteit/museum/Exidy_fs.html

Do you know if you have the original, or the Sorcerer II?

At 02:22 PM 3/8/01 -0800, you wrote:
>And once again I'm reminded that 'the machines are out there...'
>(just when I was starting to wonder)
>
>I get this phone call, and shortly thereafter am the proud possessor of an
>Exidy Sourcerer complete with the original documentation, (including the
>tech ref - schematics!) monitor, cables, box of tapes, and various third
>party books and such! (Dilithium Press - now *that* brings back
>memories!)
>
>And oh yes, BASIC in the infamous (slightly modified) 8-Track Tape
>cartridge! Recycling at its most unusual! (odd, peculiar, etc...)
>
>Just too much fun! Now, who has some *really* cool games for the thing???
>
>-jim
>---
>jimw_at_agora.rdrop.com
>The Computer Garage - http://www.rdrop.com/~jimw
>Computer Garage Fax - (503) 646-0174
>
>Note: the 'computergarage.org' domain is currently offline. The original
>'Garage' site (URL above) is still out there and is currently being updated.

-----
Jim Battle == frustum_at_pacbell.net