OT: HP Pavillion PC CDROM drive

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Fri Mar 9 09:12:15 2001

I snagged a more or less complete HP Pavillion 7270 (about a 4-year-old machine)
at the local thrift store yesterday and find the CDROM has an annoying habit of
opening whenever I try to close it. It's a fairly standard Mitsumi (?) CDROM,
but has a special curved front on the drawer made to fit the case.

Has anybody got suggestions on where one might (cheaply) replace such an item?

Dick