RFC: ROM dump archive

From: Don Maslin <donm_at_cts.com>
Date: Fri Mar 9 22:33:00 2001

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Jeff Hellige wrote:

Doubtless, it is a worthwhile project. However, it is fraught with
difficulty. I am sure that many of us have our own private archive of
EPROM images that we have saved over the years. Doubtless also, is the
likelihood that they were save using different hardware and
software. This equates to different storage formats from straight
binary image to JEDEC and Hex.

But that is the relatively easy part. Imagine the varying schemes that
we have each used in naming the file and the (hopefully) description of
its source and function. Surely correlating all of these is a major, if
not overwhelming, task.
                                                 - don