RFC: ROM dump archive

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri Mar 9 20:53:28 2001

>On 9 Mar 2001, Iggy Drougge wrote:
>
>> Since I've got myself a pretty little EPROM burner, and seem to have a
>> lot of ROMs and ROM sockets around, I thought that it should be
>> worthwhile to create a central repository for all those ROMs which are
>> so difficult to get nowadays. Is this a good idea, or has somebody
>> already done it? I don't care much about copyrights, though I wouldn't
>> want to go against the wishes of the actual owners of the software
>> contained. Any thoughts?
>
>This would be a great project.

        I know that as of a couple of years ago Ward Shrake had
archived most of the known ROMs for the various VIC-20 cartridges,
including a lot of rare ones. I believe he was also behind a project
to do the same with the Emerson Arcadia 2001 game console. The last
I heard he had gotten somewhat burned out and was taking a bit of a
break from it all.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File