Apple LC550

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Mar 10 17:50:34 2001

>I just received a load of Apple MACS. Among them about a half dozed
>LC550's from a school. They work great except they are password
>protected except the student accounts. Is there a way to bypass the
>password protection on these or will they need an operating system
>reload? What is the latest that these will run. They have 7.5.3 loaded
>now.

        If it's a password protection on System 7.5.3 then it is most
likely some kind of extension handling it. Have you tried booting
with the extensions disabled (holding down the shift key as it
boots)? That or try to boot off of another System CD.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File