carter afb OT

From: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob_at_stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
Date: Sun Mar 11 16:24:21 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhblake_at_bigfoot.com>
To: <classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 6:59 AM
Subject: RE: carter afb

> We have to give him a break though, after all he drives an AMC.

Is that what we called a Rambler? I had a couple of those, some years
ago.
Fuel guzzling monsters, but great for towing horse floats long distances
(by Oz standards of long distance)
Had a 64 Classic 660 (287CI V8 - often wish I'd kept that one) when I
was 18, and a 72 Matador (360CI V8) many years
later, when we got into horses for a while. We had to put an additional
radiator in the Matador to stop it boiling when towing in 45c summers,
the original 2 core didn't come close to coping with it.

Cheers
Geoff Roberts
Computer Systems Manager
Saint Mark's College