Plus HardCard II

From: r. 'bear' stricklin <red_at_bears.org>
Date: Mon Mar 12 09:47:15 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Joe wrote:

> >Joe, there was also a 127mb HardCard. I can send the files if you'd
> >like.
> > - don
>
> Will the same files work for the other smaller hard cards? If so I'd
> like a copy since I have a number of hard cards around that I've been
> saving for future use. However I wasn't the one that originally asked for
> the files, 'bear' stricklin" <red_at_bears.org> was the one that needed them.
>
> Joe

Unfortunately, the 127 (I thought it was 105) MB model is a II XL which
does NOT use the same drivers. Somebody on list sent me a II XL disk
image, which I was unable to make work. The II XL stuff is still available
from Quantum's web site.

Apparently, the atdoshc2.sys IS the same driver for the old 8-bit 20 and
40 MB hardcards (though at an older revision).

According to a MS Knowledgbase article somebody sent me, version 1.31 is
for the 8-bit HardCards and version 1.4 is the desired version for the
16-bit HardCard IIs. I don't have any indication if the older version will
at least work with the newer card---the newer version is apparently needed
for proper operation with Windows.

I still need atdoshc2.sys. (:

ok
r.