carter afb

From: Jim Arnott <jrasite_at_eoni.com>
Date: Mon Mar 12 10:24:25 2001

Thanks for jogging my memory... Carters are notorious for porous
castings. The Thermo-quad especially. You might be right Mike.
Another possibility is the lack of a heat shield between the carb and
the manifold allowing the engine heat to boil off the fuel in the bowl
after shutdown.

IMHO, the best solution is to replace the carb with a 600cfm vacuum
secondary Holley.

And that's the only comment I'm a gonna make. (Is the original poster
still around?)

Jim