carter afb

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_smart.net>
Date: Sun Mar 18 20:57:28 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Jim Arnott wrote:
> IMHO, the best solution is to replace the carb with a 600cfm vacuum
> secondary Holley.

I've heard that works well with some engines, but for me, it was
disastrous. Have others here found that the Holley double-pumpers
perform better in their cars? I used to have a 750 double-pumper,
then, when it wore out (case wore out, rebuild kits no longer stopped
the leaks), I replaced with a 650 (IIRC) CFM vacuum-secondary carb.;
that didn't work out well, then, I went back to a 750CFM carb., only
with vacuum secondaries. The performance still wasn't as good as it
was with the old double-pumper.

RDD

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis    Ancient guru who see future once say:
All Rights Reserved               "wise man who meditate upon immortal wisdom