Carter AFB.. he he!

From: Fred Cisin <cisin_at_xenosoft.com>
Date: Mon Mar 12 11:06:55 2001

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, John Lawson wrote:
> OT: From my street-racing days: the Javelin was not a bad little ride,
> properly set up, and I drove a few of them competitively. Holleys were
> always my first carb choice, Carters being 'okay' jugs, and then there
> Rochesters... yuck, poo!

Weber DCOEs were always my favorite, followed by Solex (just through
excess familiarity) and Keihin. Balancing 4 Keihins (one jug per barrel)
on a Honda S800 was actually fun. Unlike balancing Solex PDSITs, which
was almost always due to user tampering.

FSOT: Holley made a twin choke progressive downdraft that was a licensed
Weber design. I have an unused one in box with manifold adapter for
1200cc Honda Civic ('73 - '74 and non-CA - '79?)

The original post did NOT provide enough information to confirm that the
problem is carburetor! His symptoms could come from MANY other causes,
such as old spark plug wires that are susceptible to dampness.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred