PC/MS-DOS 1.00?

From: Fred Cisin <cisin_at_xenosoft.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 11:37:59 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Marvin wrote:
> One thing I would really love to have for the collection is one of the first
> working IBM PC computers running on DOS 1.0 on a SS drive (160K?)! If these
> files include the boot files, I would be most interested! I *think* the IBM
> PCs I have here all have the 360K disk drives but isn't much trouble to
> change them out.

Around here, they are at least as common as copies of DOS 1.00. Where are
you?

Be sure that you get the 16-64K motherboard, NOT the 64-256K!
And the 63 W power supply. The first PC that I bought from IBM had a
BLACK power supply! I've only seen a few of those.
The drive is a Tandon TM100-1. Some LATER drives had IBM embossed on the
front panel; the early ones did not.
IBM did not sell a cable for the cassette port, but the pinout matches RS,
so their cable will do.

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred        cisin_at_xenosoft.com