ZX-TEAM meeting/TS1000 least expandable???

From: Glenatacme_at_aol.com <(Glenatacme_at_aol.com)>
Date: Tue Mar 13 20:27:13 2001

I've just returned from the annual ZX-TEAM meeting in Dietges, Germany, and I
must say this 90-member international users group is doing some astounding
things. I saw lots of ZX81s with full-sized LCD displays, AT keyboards, hard
drives, floppy drives, scanners, modems, and 1 MB memory expansions. Some
folks were using ZX81s to control RC devices (such as robots), and CNC
machine tools. The TEAM now has a 24-hour dial-up BBS, running on a ZX81.
Also demonstrated was a nifty C compiler which runs on Windows-based machines
and which produces compiled ZX81 code. All in all it was pretty
mind-boggling, and well worth the time and money I spent to attend the
meeting.

Last year on this list the ZX81/TS1000 was voted "least expandable". Now, I
don't mean this to be flame-bait, but can someone please explain to me how
the ZX81/TS1000 could, by any stretch of the imagination, win the prize in
the "least expandable" category????

Glen
0/0