Atari Portfolio

From: Edwin P. Groot <epgroot_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu Mar 15 00:15:36 2001

     I bought one when they first came out, and it was really useful. I
customized a VCR cassette case to carry it around in. Airport security was
always suspicious about this item, but not with regards to a regular-size
laptop.
     The only downside is the plastic of the connector between the computer
and the LCD passes through the hinge, and it eventually cracked from
fatigue, breaking the traces so that the screen is blank. That turns out
to be the EOL for most of the Portfolios :(

     Edwin

At 18:15 3/14/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I've wanted a Portfolio since the day I first saw one new. I love my 95LX
>but the Portfolio has style written all over it.

> Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University *
ckaiser_at_stockholm.ptloma.edu