My PDP11/53

From: Stiebler.External_at_infineon.com <(Stiebler.External_at_infineon.com)>
Date: Thu Mar 15 02:51:08 2001

> > Chad Fernandez writes:
> > > I got my PDP11/53, but I can't get it to do anything. I loaded
> > > Tera-Term on my IBM Model 80, to use as my terminal. I
> dug out a serial
> > > cable, and bought a gender changer to hook the two
> computers up. What
> > > could I be doing wrong... I am not getting anything! I
> see lights on
> > > the cards, but nothing on the screen.

Where did you get this 11/53 ?
There are some versions (EPROMs) which are decserver versions.
So you don't get anything on the screen until you go to the debug/configuration mode
(try some of the modi on the bulkhead)

If you got the "normal" version of the 11/53, it stops looking for the boot device
and is talking to you.

cheers