OT-VisualStudio problems

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Thu Mar 15 10:20:49 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Cini, Richard wrote:

> I just got a new laptop - a snazzy Compaq one, with Windowss ME.
> I'm trying to reinstall MicroSloth Visual Studio 6 (no SPs). When I
> run the IDE after the install, I get an application error that
> prevents it from running.

Two great resources for troubleshooting technical trouble:

http://www.computing.net - I've found the solutions to some very obscure
problems on the forums here.

In this specific case:

http://www.microsoft.com/support

Believe it or not, MS usually does have very good trouble reports and
fixes documented on their site, if you know where to look. You can use
their Knowledge Base or do a search. I bet you'll find something useful
in a fraction of the time it would take you to call an MS tech droid.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival