Apple Lisa

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 15 19:07:03 2001

        Well, for the first time in over a year, my Apple Lisa has
passed all it's power-on tests. It ended up being bad chips on one
of the memory boards. This with a CPU board with the 3A ROMs on it.
I removed the round black coil attached to the video card a while
back to try to restore it's video back to normal but I get no display
when I put a CPU card in that has the older ROMs, while the CPU card
with the modified ROMs still works fine. It also is actually
attempting to access the floppy drive finally.

        For those that don't know about my Lisa, it's a 2/5 and may
have even started life as a 1, but was heavily modified with the
upgrade screen ROMs, 800k floppy, internal hard disk running off of
the external parallel port, and a SCSI hard disk mounted in one of
the expansion slots. It was a bit of a basket case when I got my
hands on it and it took me quite a while just to get it to power on
at all.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File