My PDP11/53

From: Bill Pechter <pechter_at_pechter.dyndns.org>
Date: Sun Mar 18 16:43:18 2001

> Bill,
>
> Your last line speaking of CTS-RTS ,DTR, DSR, and DCD..... is that what
> the null modem cable does, or is that in addition to the null cable?

That depends on who made the null modem and what they were trying to
hook up. Some computers just use Transmit (tx), Receive (rx),
and signal ground (pins 2, 3 and 7 on the RS232 DB25... some
use handshaking signals to allow data out the serial port (mainly for
modem flow control.

--
bpechter_at_monmouth.com    | FreeBSD since 1.0.2, Linux since 0.99.10
Brainbench MVP           | Unix Sys Admin since Sys V/BSD 4.2