SDI cabling question

From: Sean Caron <sean_at_techcare.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 14:06:45 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "no" <oliv555_at_arrl.net>
To: <classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2001 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: SDI cabling question

> "Gregory R. Travis" wrote:
> >
> > Can someone enlighten me regarding DEC SDI cabling? Here's
> > what I have:
> >
> > RA81 disk drive with two big black cables coming out of it, one for
>

> Went thru a similar install last year, an RA72 array to a UDA50, and
> had to use DEC BA26V cables between the boxes.
>
> I picked another set of 4 BA26v-12's for my home Qbus system, project
> I've since abandoned. If you need some or all of these let me know.
> I can post some pix of the cable if you want to verify the connector
> type ( i love digital cameras!)
>
> nick oliviero

While on this thread, just out of curiousity, can anyone enlighten me as to
how one is supposed to go about connecting RAxx disks to a KDA50
controller in the same cabinet (internally)? I have no idea how the cabling
is supposed to work for SDI drives, as I've never worked with them
before.

I've got an old MicroVAX III that I stuck four RA72 drives in, but I don't
have any SDI cabling, nor any idea on how to go about acquiring or making
the requisite cables to hook all the drives up. Help!

Thanks,

--Sean Caron (root_at_diablonet.net) | http://www.diablonet.net