Mac SE30

From: Don Maslin <donm_at_cts.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 16:02:29 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Edwin P. Groot wrote:

> So, what's the error message you get when you open this .sit archive
> in version 1.5?

Words to the effect that it did not understand the compression mode
used.

The real problem here is that I am a real dolt as regards
things Apple, and I am fumbling of course. The project is to install
the Stylewriter 1200 on a II/SI that is elsewhere and I am trying to get
a driver package set up on the SE30 to make the installation on the II/SI.

> IIRC, the SE/30 can have up to OS 7.5.5. Somewhere.... on Apple's Web
> site is the Apple Spec Database, which would tell you for sure. The SE/30
> will support more than 8 MB RAM if you have MODE32 installed and you have
> 32-bit addressing enabled.

I am going to upgrade it. To many difficulties trying to use old stuff
on newer stuff :(

> But before updating your OS, check other things, like making sure the
> old Stuffit Preferences, engines, or Extensions are removed before trying a
> newer-than-1.5 version of Stuffit. Try unstuffing through the menu
> commands. Try unstuffing by drag-and-drop.

Thanks, Edwin, I appreciate the advice.
                                                 - don