plato terminals

From: Gary Oliver <go_at_ao.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 17:38:05 2001

If anyone needs them, I have most of the documentation for the
Digivue displays used in these devices (at least the one partial
unit I recovered...) Digivue was an Owens Illinois company.

The manuals I have are:

   USER MANUAL 512-60 UM607 Display D141
   MAINTENANCE MANUAL 512-60 MM608 Display D141
   USER MANUAL 512-60 UM609 Power Pack
   MAINTENANCE MANUAL 512-60 MM610 Power Pack

They cover just about every detail of the display module operation
and its power and interfacing needs. They do not include details
about the rest of the Plato terminal (serial interfacing, etc.)

Note that I do not know if these are the same modules used in the
original UI devices or if they were only used in the CDC "commercial"
implementation. I did do some Plato interface hacking back in the
70's when we were thinking of "supporting" the terminals on our
local timesharing system - (note "supporting" did not mean running
Plato - just accepting the terminals as log-in devices and mating
their peculiar interfaces to an ASCII data stream.) Unfortunately,
I never removed the cover on the terminals to look at their innards.
I was only one of the software weenies on the project.

-Gary