plato terminals

From: Gregory R. Travis <greg_at_ciswired.com>
Date: Mon Mar 19 22:46:27 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Tom Uban wrote:

> Does anyone know where I might still find a Plato terminal of the UIUC
> 512x512 plasma display variety (not the later CDC implementation)? I
> know that there were several models, but I don't recall the variations.

I can't help with the terminals themselves. However, I distinctly remember
using the plasma-screen terminals in the 1976 timeframe. These terminals
were about 3'x2'x3' in size and sported a pnumatically acutuated
microfiche reader.

IIRC, the CDC non-microfiche version of the terminal (which included
a touch-screen) appeared around 1979.

greg

Gregory Travis
Cornerstone Information Systems ATS