And someone has one... Re: Virus Alert !!!

From: Peter Joules <peter_at_joules.org>
Date: Tue Mar 20 13:41:53 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Alex Holden wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2001, Old Stuff Discount Warehouse wrote:
> > It was up to slightly over $2 per gallon last summer.
>
> It's about £3 (4.28 USD) here in the UK and my Land Rover does about
> 20MPG... Certainly makes you think twice before going on long journeys.

You are a bit out on your maths Alex... 0.78p/litre is 3.56UKP or $5.68 at
$1.60/UKP.

To drag this topic kicking and screaming back towards the list topic, as
many engines over the past 10 for 15 years have used computerised engine
management systems, why have we not seen much improvement in specific fuel
consumption? I would have thought that the systems would be able to run
the engine at optimum mixture and thus give a significant improvement in
economy.

What processors have been used in these systems over the years?

--
Regards
Pete