Lovely period furniture: VAX 4000-500

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Mar 22 08:06:06 2001

--- Brian Roth <broth_at_heathers.stdio.com> wrote:
> Don't rule out the VAX 11/725. A nice end table with a little more room on
> top.
> Remove the RC25 and you have a nice storage area for your snacks....

Cute package, the 11/725. I used to have one (got it right when DEC
interdicted VMS license transfers for one month to attempt to force
buyers of used hardware to purchase new licenses... failed miserably).
It was on loan to a friend's company that was bought out and moved
without notifing me that they were taking my VAX out of state. :-(
I even had the floating point accelerator in it. At the time, it was
my best number cruncher (14 years ago).

-ethan

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address: erd_at_iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.