Club (was Re: pdp 11s to be auctioned at Goddard)

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 22 10:16:29 2001

>Keeping track of the finances would be tricky. Someone will have to manage
>the money, and they will be met with varying amounts of distrust by those
>who would donate. Maybe a good thing would be to either form a nonprofit or
>get one to assimilate us.
>And it would need a cool name. :-)
>Thoughts?

    Not only keeping track of the finances, but what about actual ownership?
 I like the club idea but I can just see someone down the road trying to sue
the club for ownership of a particular piece in the case of a dispute. No
doubt there are a lot of legal aspects that would have to be worked out to
protect everyone involved. Then there's the logistics if the club does have
a single repository for storage of the equipment.

    I'd certainly be interested in being part of it though. All of us
together could certainly make a bigger impact than singularly.

    Jeff