20,046 pages of scanned old docs online?

From: Gooijen H <GOOI_at_oce.nl>
Date: Fri Mar 23 07:15:50 2001

  Hi all!

I am not in the habit of actively reply to this group, although
I read ClassicCmp *every* day.
I work at Oc?, and even did the software of the scanner drive
and part of the Image Logic of the Oc? 3165. I also know of
ScanLogic and (of course) have access to all the goodies.
The scanner actually processes about 54 pages A4 / minute.

I copied almost all the Field Maintenance Print Set doc that I
have. To name a few: RL11, 11/40, RL02, RX02, TE16, TS03, TMB11.
And many more.
The problem is that I can not make it all available for the
following reasons:
1. it is scanned at 600 dpi (!) --> *BIG* files (see my website)
   When you print it on A3 (ledger), the copy is sometimes even
   better than the original, because Image Logic enhances thin
   lines. Coffee spots are less visible.
2. Because it is so many, it fills more than 4 CD-ROMs.
3. How about legal issues ?????

If Sellam (or anybody else) has some 2,4 Gbyte space available
I am willing to make a copy of the 5 CD's, and share the data
with everybody on this fine list.

When the problems (making it available) are all solved, I am
willing to continue scanning. I can scan all manuals (A4, letter)
and quick ref cards just as easy.
I can post a complete list (with file size!) if you like.
When you send me doc, I will scan that too, but I am not going
to pay for the return postage, if you want the doc back....

Kind regards,

    Henk Gooijen,
    PDP-11 collector

Sneak-peek of retro-computing: http://home.12move.nl/~sh416008
(by far not up-to-date, heavily under construction)