Club (was Re: pdp 11s to be auctioned at Goddard)

From: John Foust <>
Date: Fri Mar 23 07:33:12 2001

What you're describing is usually called "a company".
Companies that buy junk and find interested buyers are
called "surplus companies" or beter still "junk dealers".

If you can find someone to work for it for little to no
pay, it's usually called "a charity". In this case,
because it involves mostly the middle-aged attempting
to acquire and maintain products from years ago, I think
you can call it "a club"... but still you'll need to
find a generous soul with too much time, money and storage space.

- John
Received on Fri Mar 23 2001 - 07:33:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:04 BST