VaxServer 3100 and VT340 terminal

From: Compusync <hsappleton_at_sprintmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 23 17:44:43 2001

Hi
I humbly appreciate the response. For a novice(in a very conservative sense
of the word) user like myself, it will ultimately draw a couple other
questions. I forgot to mention that I picked up these items for free and
have no experience in VAX/DEC or UNIX for that matter. I want to take care
of the hardware matter first and then deal with logging in after.

1)can you help me identify the console port and/or second
serial port
2)Don't I need some kind of cable and what type
3)what is MMJ ports and port 0 also has an RS232 output

My VaxServer is has the following ports: SCSI, a 25-pin db; 3 rj-11 type
with left and right arrow; 2 Ethernet connector-one BNC and the other AUI; a
50-pin port; aport that looks like a printer port with a left and right
arrow.

My VT340 has the following ports: 2 RJ-11 type with left and right arrows; a
printer port; a keyboard port; a 25-pin dB port; and a 8-pin mini din port

Headley