BSD/OS 1.1

From: Iggy Drougge <optimus_at_canit.se>
Date: Tue Mar 13 02:45:06 2001

Jeff Hellige skrev:

>We seem to have a bunch of Unix-types on here so I thought I'd pose a
>question. Today, I came across the following 5 HD disks from Berkeley
>Software Design Inc:

> - BSD/OS 1.1 Boot Disk 1, /boot and /bsd
> - BSD/OS 1.1 Boot Disk 2, Installation Utilities
> - BSD/OS 1.1 Kerberos, Kerberos Utilities
> - BSD/OS 1.1 Encryption, Encryption Utilities & Src
> - BSD/OS 1.1 EZ-Config, Configuration Tools

> What's missing from this set that would keep it from installing? Is
>there anything particularly interesting about it other than it appears to be
>the ancestor of the current Net/FreeBSD?

To the best of my knowledge, BSD/OS, which is still being developed by BSDi,
is not so much an ancestor as a sibling of the open source BSDs.
I just fired a NetBSD box up to see, and indeed threy all are branches on the
same 4.3BSD NET/2 tree.
What is interesting about that version is its age, most probably. Could you
have a look at its hardware requirements?

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6.
"Real life is full of idiots, and tons of ads. I don't see how IRC is any