i286-Mainboard

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 14:58:43 2001

I hope you've tried the obvious, e.g. <F1> or <DEL> during the POST sequence to
enter BIOS setup? The earliest PC/AT's used a setup diskette to do the setup of
the CMOS-based parameters. That may prove to be a problem.

To start out, I'd leave the "turbo" switch alone. However, there's usually a
Turbo indicator LED that will tell you when you're in TURBO mode. If there's no
TURBO button, there's probably a jumper connection available somewhere, and
these connections are normally located in the lower left region of the board
(assuming the power and keyboard connections are at the upper right, for
reference. When you say "not available" do you mean you don't have one, or that
it's not present/supported on the motherboard?

I'm curious about one thing ... Why is it that you believe it to be operable at
12 MHz? Is the CPU marked as such? Can you tell anything about the support
chip set? I vaguely remember something about a Morse '286 around here
someplace. It's possible that there's a manual, but more likely it's a board
that was hying about. I may not have it anymore, but you never know ...

Dick