12V supply (was: Heath Zenith Hero Jr - No HTML

From: Fred Cisin <cisin_at_xenosoft.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 17:37:10 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Tony Duell wrote:
> 12V PSUs are not that hard to find. I believe the amateur radio or CB
> crowd use them for running mobile (car type) rigs at home. So you might
> be able to get one that was designed for that sort of use. It may well
> claim to be 13.8V which, IMHO, would be fine for this application

How about a PC power supply?
I can't imagine anything cheaper (they are cheaper than cinder blocks for
building shelves)

They put out 5V and 12V, and should be accurate enopugh on the voltages.

You might need a load for it to work - an old automotive headlight will
work (get your local wrench to save you one with one burned out filament
and use the other filament)

--
Grumpy Ol' Fred        cisin_at_xenosoft.com