i286-Mainboard

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Mon Mar 26 23:43:06 2001

AWARD also uses the DEL during POST as well, at least in about 10 of the boxes I
have here. Phoenix uses <F1> at any time during POST, though I seldom see that
one outside of Packard Bell, HP, and other U.S. makers' systems.

The Morse board, IIRC, was not an early one requiring a setup diskette, having
given it some thought. In fact, the Morse board I have/had was quite small in
size and was a later '286 version.

The only '286 I still keep up is an old 25 MHz NEAT chipset-based one with a
Harris processor. I've got some software from a former employer that operates
the NEAT chipset quite well to enable the upper memory blocks, thereby enabling
the load of drivers between the adapter ROMs.
That leaves enough memory after loading a few drivers that one can still do
something in the reamining contiguous lower memory.

Dick