Crystal Radios (was Re: List spammer ID'd)

From: R. D. Davis <rdd_at_smart.net>
Date: Wed Mar 28 11:24:15 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> I have printed instructions on how to build one, down to how to cut a section
> of pipe/conduit with ears to screw it down to the block of wood that you use
> as the base. Anyone know where to get a hunk of crystal these days? I have
[...]

My crystal radio used a germanium diode as well - it was one of those
Radio Shack kits back in the 1970's.... still have it somewhere.
Anyway, if you want to start from scratch at building one, crystals
are probably plentiful at the various "new age" & crafts shops. Last
time I checked, there were a few places still selling real "cats
whiskers" (no - you don't catch the neighbor's cat to get one of these
- that won't work). Did you try Antique Radio Supply? Several years
ago, they had catswhiskers listed in their catalog. Alas, they don't
appeart have a functional web site at this time.

--
Copyright (C) 2001 R. D. Davis    Ancient guru who see future once say:
All Rights Reserved               "wise man who meditate upon immortal wisdom