List spammer ID'd

From: Pete Turnbull <pete_at_dunnington.u-net.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 16:54:06 2001

On Mar 28, 17:22, John Honniball wrote:

> Well, I can remember the days of 405-line TV here in
> England. We watched it on a valve set made by Pye (now
> part of Philips). By the time of the Moon landings we had
> dual-standard 405/625 and VHF/UHF sets. Oh, and BBC 2 was
> a new channel on UHF, 625-line only!

I had a collection of Ferguson 405-line sets. They all seemed to be
remarkably similar inside, and by the time I was about 14 I got to be
reasonably good at fixing them. My first "video monitor" was a cast-off
405-line 14" 'portable'. I stripped out the tuner (it was a turret tuner
and almost every segment was broken) and some of the RF valves. It had a
series heater chain so I added a few high-wattage resistors to make up for
that, and tweaked the circuit a bit to handle the video from my first Exidy
Sorcerer.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager