Amdahl, Hitachi drives, controllers available (Calgary, AB)

From: Mark Gregory <gregorym_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 16:56:33 2001

The City of Calgary Surplus disposal place has the following "big iron"
accessories for sale:

1 x Amdahl 6100-100 DASD controller - Condition: Good, No repairs needed
11 x Amdahl 6380-AK4 DASD drive - Condition: Good, No repairs needed
2 x Hitachi 7690 DASD controller - Condition: Good, No repairs needed
4 x Hitachi 76930M0032 DASD drive - Condition: Good, No repairs needed

No idea as to weight or value, but I thought they might be of interest to
someone. Their website is http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/surplus/. My past
experience has been that the City will accept any reasonable offer, and
quite a few unreasonable ones - especially on equipment they're unfamiliar
with. I once scooped a Video Toaster equipped Amiga 2000 for $75 Cdn.