ide harddrive

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed Mar 28 16:58:13 2001

>I thought I've seen external cases for IDE HDD's off parallel ports before,
>I'll have to run back through my feeble memeory banks and figure out where I
>saw one.

I just bought a rig from Apricorn, via a IBM promotion for $69. Its a
cheesy external box, adapters for the various style IBM hard drive
carriers, and a PCMCIA IDE controller with a cable that plugs into either a
IDE notebook drive or one of the carrier adapters. Includes special
software to transfer contents of the internal drive to the new external
(with license to do it 10 times). Normally $129, use the link through IBM
and its $69.

http://www.apricorn.com/ezgig_upgrade.html