Crystal Radios (was Re: List spammer ID'd)

From: Sipke de Wal <sipke_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Thu Mar 29 13:30:18 2001

I've heard that you can use pyrite cristals, and I tried it once
with cristals that formed on an old rotten lead-acid battery
but the result was not optimal. You should also experiment
with the wisker. Metals like silver and phosphor-bronze come
to mind. In essence anything that creates a PN-junction with
a low voltage drop (0.2 .. 0.3 V) should do the trick if the
ohmic resistance is not too high.

Sipke de Wal
"In the land of the blind .....
                               ...... One-Eye is torchbearer"