D connector tirade (was: Re: Age-old ethernet equipment)

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Fri Mar 30 20:49:48 2001

Now there's a case I had never worried about. I guess it could come up, since
the signals really needed for VGA are just the six video/return signals and the
two sync's and a common for them. That's 9, and certainly would warrant a valid
connector configuration that one could call DE9, though that one already exists.
I'm glad I don't have to explain that. There is, by the way, another more
"current" name for the 3-row, 'E'-shell connector commonly seen with 15 pins in
it in VGA applications. I'm not remembering it, though.

Dick