These darned old computers

From: Doc Shipley <>
Date: Tue Aug 27 21:14:00 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Christopher McNabb wrote:

> This type of remote control is also where the term 'clicker' came from.

  Uh, I always thought it came from the very early remotes that used a
tone, somewhat like a tuning fork. The audible click _was_ the
actuator. My grandparents' TV would change channels at random if you
rattled the swag-lamp chain just right. I may have gotten a few hidings
behind that....

Received on Tue Aug 27 2002 - 21:14:00 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:37 BST