Need source for high current HP type (with dimple) 14 or 16AWG 110vac power cord

From: Dave McGuire <>
Date: Sun Jan 27 16:36:59 2002

On January 27, Gary Hildebrand wrote:
> Wonder what the dimple is for? should be able to use a standard IEC
> connector cord with heay gauge wire. Can't believe that thing is that
> big of a juice hog. Electric heaters draw about that much power.

  There are three "standard" IEC power connectors...there's the one
we're all used to, the one with the dimple (higher current) and a
larger square one (still higher current).


Dave McGuire
St. Petersburg, FL         "Less talk.  More synthohol." --Lt. Worf
Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 16:36:59 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:58 BST