Need source for high current HP type (with dimple) 14 or 16AWG 110vac power cord

From: Dave McGuire <>
Date: Sun Jan 27 18:18:17 2002

On January 27, Tothwolf wrote:
> > There are three "standard" IEC power connectors...there's the one
> > we're all used to, the one with the dimple (higher current) and a
> > larger square one (still higher current).
> There are also ones for 240V high current gear. Maybe these are same same
> as the square one you mentioned? My SGI 210S machine uses one of these
> cables to connect the main PSU to the power distribution box. The power
> distribution box uses a 240V 30A twist-lock power cord. The main PSU

  The square ones used on the deskside Challenge and Onyx systems are
120V. I've never seen a 240V version, but then everything I've done
with 240V has been twist-lok connectors.


Dave McGuire
St. Petersburg, FL         "Less talk.  More synthohol." --Lt. Worf
Received on Sun Jan 27 2002 - 18:18:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:58 BST