Need source for high current HP type (with dimple) 14 or 16AWG 110vac power cord

From: Russ Blakeman <>
Date: Mon Jan 28 12:43:17 2002

Jameco has a 14/3 2.5m power cable in black for $3.95 each, part number
125541 but they use a generic pic for the illustration so I don't know that
it has the notch but I can put that in if not - I just want a cable that has
the cajones to handle the juice I send through it. They also have my
heatsinks so it's time to cut an order - they've been faithfully sending me
expensive catalogs for years and I haven't ordered from them in probably 2
of the last years.

It appears that most of the US shipped/made heating devices have either a
proprietary plug or are wired fixed with a restraining grommet (I know
there's another name for them, I can't think of it). I even checked with an
appliance dealer here - no good they didn't have aclue even after I faxed
them the end view of the plug with an arrow to the notch I needed to pay
special attention to -makes you feel good about the "experts in the field"
whn it comes to high current appliances huh?

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Matt London
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 12:03 PM
Subject: RE: Need source for high current HP type (with dimple) 14 or
16AWG 110vac power cord

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Russ Blakeman wrote:

> The Aussie/OZ site that I first found info on them from calls them heater
> cords, so obviously they are in common use where a removable cable is
> on a high current device/appliance. Of course everyone has their own odd
> plugs to go to the power receptacle, go figure.
> I'd really like to find an attachable (screws/solder/etc) type to put on
> own cable and I could even wire this to a disconnect/safety box on the
> and make it doubly safe. I'm running the server with one of the 410 watt
> redundant power supplies out right now as it's not need yet and saves the
> curent draw from 12 amps down to 8, making the 18 AWG cable safe since I
> heated ina groove with a soldering iron and then trimmed the melted flash
> off t he sides of the groove.

Again - commonly available here in the UK. Most mail order electronics
companies here sell em I think :&)

-- Matt

Web Page:
Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:43:17 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:58 BST