Need source for high current HP type (with dimple) 14 or 16AWG 110vac power cord

From: Matt London <>
Date: Mon Jan 28 12:02:41 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Russ Blakeman wrote:

> The Aussie/OZ site that I first found info on them from calls them heater
> cords, so obviously they are in common use where a removable cable is needed
> on a high current device/appliance. Of course everyone has their own odd
> plugs to go to the power receptacle, go figure.
> I'd really like to find an attachable (screws/solder/etc) type to put on my
> own cable and I could even wire this to a disconnect/safety box on the wall
> and make it doubly safe. I'm running the server with one of the 410 watt
> redundant power supplies out right now as it's not need yet and saves the
> curent draw from 12 amps down to 8, making the 18 AWG cable safe since I
> heated ina groove with a soldering iron and then trimmed the melted flash
> off t he sides of the groove.

Again - commonly available here in the UK. Most mail order electronics
companies here sell em I think :&)

-- Matt

Web Page:
Received on Mon Jan 28 2002 - 12:02:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:34:58 BST