HP-HIL to ps/2 convertor possibility

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri Jul 19 10:47:03 2002

   That connector doesn't look like a HP-HIL connector. The HIL connector uses two plastic locking tabs, one on each side of the connector. This one only has one tab and it's on the bottom. If you look at the picture that I referenced the other day, <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2039310046>, you can see the notches for the locking tabs on each side and none on the bottom (actuallyit would be on top in this view).

 My guess is that the machines that he's making thse for DO NOT use HP-HIL but something else. Why don't you buy one and try it and let us know what you find out?


At 03:53 PM 7/19/02 +0200, you wrote:
>> > There's a guy in the UK that is selling an adaptor for PS/2 KB's/mice to
>> > HP-HIL that is supposedly just wired through... is this
>> > possible?!?!?! does anyone have the pinouts for the HP-HIL port?
>> Totally impossible [1]. The signals are not even close between the 2
>> interfaces.
>> [1] OK, somebody could make a keyboard that could work with either PS/2
>> or HP-HIL interfacee sgnals with just a plug change, but AFAIK HP never
>> did.
> I've heard this before, the item is listed here:
> http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/parts_unix.html
> with a picture of it here:
> http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/ps2_cable.jpg
> So what about it? It looks suspiciously like it's just a few wires. My guess
>is that since he mentions it's for certain machines, that those machines have
>ps/2 signals on the hp-hil connector. Any other ideas?
> greetings,
> Michiel
Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 10:47:03 BST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Fri Oct 10 2014 - 23:35:02 BST