Write only programming

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Fri Mar 1 02:03:08 2002

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Douglas Quebbeman wrote:

> Edward Yourdon recounts an episode in one of his textbooks about a
> large assembly language program that was comment-free, except for
> a single line (don't know the real processor so I'm faking the
> instruction):

Edward Yourdon. Isn't he the idiot that played Chicken Little before the
new "millennium" and screamed that everything run by computer was going
to break and we were all doomed as a species and we should all buy
thousands of gallons of water and tons of food and bury them along with
ourselves in a plastic bin somewhere out in the desert?

I don't think anything he says (or has ever said) has much relevance
anymore.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *